SKOSS317 Certificate III in Social Services
Duration: Twenty (20) Weeks – including Work Experience
Normal Course Price: $1500 per person
With this ISAT advanced training course participants will gain knowledge and the practical skills needed to provide increased quantity and quality of services that enable their clients to improve their lives.
The course focuses on:
- a client centred and strengths based approach;
- developing ethical and professional relationships with relevant individuals, organizations and communities;
- developing the ability to communicate effectively.
Areas of study include:
- active listening;
- assessing a client’s situation;
- accurately registering information;
- developing and implementing action plans and making appropriate referrals (for example, legal assistance, medical or psycho-social support);
- developing a critical understanding of gender, disability and vulnerability;
- understanding human rights and legal frameworks.
A total of eleven (11) units must be completed, including:
- AFALN3001A Manage communication effectively in the workplace;
- ADFAD3001A Work as part of a team;
- EFAFA3005A Ensure workplace health and safety;
- EFAFA300XA Plan, organize and monitor work experience;
- SPUSK3001A Identify and assess issues with access for people with disabilities;
- SPUSK3002A Facilitate to promote inclusion of women;
- SPUSK3003A Support and protect child rights and development;
- SKOSS3001A Understanding sociological impacts on individuals to enable service practitioners to provide appropriate services;
- SKOSS3002A Work with ethical and legal frameworks;
- SKOSS3003A Work with case management processes;
- SKOSS3004A Working with communities to facilitate client wellbeing.
Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a nationally recognised Certificate of Completion.