Duration: Two (2) Days
Normal Course Price: $300 per person
ISAT Members Price: $200 per person
With this ISAT advanced training course participants will gain knowledge and the practical skills needed to drive, operate and control a 4WD vehicle in a safe manner.
The course includes:
- Safe operation of 4WD motor vehicle;
- To perform routine pre-operational checks under the bonnet, under the body, tyres, lights and on external and internal items and accessories;
- Ability to take action to correct any deficiency;
- Ability to plan and conduct activities in a manner which minimizes environmental impact;
- Ability to select/access maintenance equipment correctly, including spares and fluids, prior to operation after consideration of contextual issues;
- Ability to determine food and water supplies for the journey;
- Ability to select suitable navigation equipment where necessary;
- Ability to interpret weather conditions to determine suitability for driving;
- Ability to apply safe vehicle loading practices and also to secure items of personal luggage safely;
- Ability to advise passengers of any special safety precautions to be taken when traversing rough terrain.
Note: each participant or company must attend with their own, fully insured vehicle and ISAT neither warrants nor accepts any responsibility for accidents or incidents which occur.
Participants who successfully complete this course will receive a Certificate of Attendance.